Kohnen & Patton attorneys provide a wide range of employment law services to individuals and employers, ranging from small corporations with relatively few employees to public and private companies with hundreds.
Our attorneys draft and negotiate employment, non-compete and confidentiality agreements on behalf of employers and executives, and have been extensively involved in the development of trade secret protection programs for our clients.
We handle all types of state and federal employment litigation, including cases involving:
- wrongful discharge,
- sexual harassment,
- the Americans with Disabilities Act,
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act,
- the Family and Medical Leave Act,
- trade secrets,
- unfair competition, and
- non-compete agreements.
In addition, we regularly consult with our corporate and business clients on a wide range of employment matters and assist in implementing preventive measures designed to avoid litigation.
We also represent individual employees in employment matters on a selective basis, including negotiation of employment agreements, severance arrangements and employment litigation.
- Consultation with management and human resources professionals on employee or personnel matters, including hiring, termination, benefits, non-compete agreements, severance packages, unemployment and workers’ compensation
- Drafting, negotiation and implementing employment contracts, non-compete and confidentiality agreements, severance agreements, trade secret protection programs, and related employment documents
- Drafting and implementing employee handbooks and personnel policy manuals
- Representation before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, Ohio Civil Rights Commission, Kentucky Commission on Human Rights and other state agencies with respect to charges of discrimination
- Representation in state and federal courts throughout Ohio, Kentucky, and Indiana on employment litigation matters
- Periodic consultation regarding recent changes in state and federal employment law
- Presentation of seminars and in-service programs to managers, supervisors and human resources personnel to assist in the prevention of employment disputes or litigation