Estate planning involves a relationship of trust between the attorney and the client whereby the attorney, in a confidential environment, listens to your unique needs and advises you on securing your legacy through various means, including:
- Providing for your loved ones after your death;
- Reduction or elimination of wealth transfer taxes over multiple generations;
- Protection of family wealth from future, unknown creditors of you and your heirs;
- Optimization of charitable giving;
- Securing the future of a family business through succession planning;
- Preservation of family privacy; and
- Empowering appropriate agents to act in your best interests in the event of your incapacity.