Aaron M. Monk
Aaron is a Partner and member of the firm’s Business Law and Transactions Practice Group. Aaron’s work focuses on assisting both privately-held and venture-backed companies in a broad range of general corporate issues including company formation and governance, equity incentive plans, mergers and acquisitions, private securities offerings, private equity and venture capital financing. Aaron also counsels families in legal areas related to succession planning in both business and personal wealth. In addition, he is on the Kohnen & Patton Hiring Committee and the firm’s Attorney Development Committee.
Aaron is actively involved in the Greater Cincinnati business community. Aaron serves on the Board of Directors for the Association for Corporate Growth (Cincinnati chapter) and is a legal advisor at Cintrifuse and the Brandery.
Memberships & Affiliations
Honors & Awards
- Super Lawyers – 2022 Rising Stars (Mergers & Acquisitions)
- C-Change, Class 13 – Cincinnati USA Regional Chamber Leadership Program
- Thomas More University Football Team – Team Captain; Saints Award (player who best exemplifies Thomas More Football)
- Association for Corporate Growth (ACG – Cincinnati Chapter), Board of Directors (2021 – present), Co-Chair of Young Professional Section (2016- 2020)
- The Brandery-gener8tor, Mentor (2019-present)
- Cintrifuse, Legal Advisor (2014 – present)
- Elder High School, Board of Trustees (2021 – present)
- Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur, Partners-In-Action Steering Committee (2019 – present)
- Greater Cincinnati Venture Association (GCVA), Board Member (2015-2017)
- UpTech, Legal Volunteer (2015 – 2016)
- Cincinnati USA Regional Chamber, Producer of business leadership podcast, “Unfinished Business” (2018 – 2019)
- Elder Young Alumni Impact Board, Co-Founder/Founding Chair (2015-2017)
News & Updates
Kohnen & Patton is pleased to announce Aaron M. Monk has been named to the 2018 Cincinnati USA Regional Chamber C-Change Class.
Aaron Monk presented Legal 101 : Entity Formation For Startup - gBETA Cincinnati, Startup Accelerator Program (May 26, 2021)
Aaron Monk presented LLC Act Update - Cincinnati Bar Association Real Property Law Institute (December 8, 2017)
Aaron Monk Presented at the Chase College of Law - Small Business/Nonprofit Law Clinic (August 2017)
On November 24, 2020, the SEC proposed amendments to Rule 701 (Compensatory Offerings and Sales of Securities to Employees and Consultants) to modernize the framework for issuers in compensation transactions. This article by K&P attorneys Mark J. Zummo and Aaron M. Monk explores the impact of these amendments for non-reporting companies and their ownership group.