Estate planning involves a relationship of trust between the attorney and the client whereby the attorney, in a confidential environment, listens to your unique needs and advises you on securing your legacy through various means, including:
- Providing for your loved ones after your death;
- Reduction or elimination of wealth transfer taxes over multiple generations;
- Protection of family wealth from future, unknown creditors of you and your heirs;
- Optimization of charitable giving;
- Securing the future of a family business through succession planning;
- Preservation of family privacy; and
- Empowering appropriate agents to act in your best interests in the event of your incapacity.
The estate planning attorneys at Kohnen & Patton combine their knowledge of tax, property, business and trust law with their intuition, compassion and experience to help their clients formulate and attain their estate planning objectives.
- Wills, trusts, powers of attorney, and living wills;
- Estate and gift tax planning in the U.S. and abroad;
- Multigenerational planning for families: FLPs, LLCs, GRATs, and Dynasty Trusts;
- Succession planning for family businesses;
- Probate avoidance through Living Trusts and other techniques;
- Advising trustees in the interpretation and administration of trusts; and
- Charitable Trusts and family foundations.
Bring us your unique story and needs, and we will work thoughtfully to plan your legacy. We will act in harmony with your other professionals, including family office personnel, business or personal attorneys, private bankers, financial and investment advisors, and accountants to ensure the cohesive implementation of your estate plan.