Chad S. Levin
Chad Levin is a partner with Kohnen & Patton LLP and practices in the areas of estate planning, estate and trust administration, elder law and special needs planning, and business law.
Mr. Levin is certified by the Ohio State Bar Association as a Specialist in Estate Planning, Trust, and Probate Law and assists clients with both basic and complex estate planning and probate matters. This includes the preparation and implementation of wills, revocable living trusts, financial powers of attorney, health care powers of attorney, and living wills, as well as advanced planning using credit shelter/bypass trusts, QTIP marital trusts, irrevocable life insurance trusts, generation-skipping/dynasty trusts, legacy/asset protection trusts, charitable trusts, gifting plans, and other estate and income tax reduction strategies. This also includes all aspects of estate and trust administration, including probate, trust funding and distribution, sale of assets, settlement of debts and claims, post-mortem tax planning, and preparation of estate, inheritance, and fiduciary income tax returns.
In addition, Mr. Levin advises clients and their families regarding elder law matters, including general estate planning, the use of financial and health care powers of attorney, guardianships and conservatorships, long-term care planning, and Medicaid eligibility planning (including applications and appeals). He also has extensive experience drafting and implementing special needs trusts, including third-party wholly-discretionary trusts and self-settled and pooled Medicaid payback trusts.
Mr. Levin is also an experienced business law attorney and represents and advises clients with respect to business formation, ownership and tax structuring, contract and commercial matters, mergers and acquisitions, buy-sell agreements, and succession planning.
Mr. Levin is licensed in Ohio and Kentucky and maintains an active practice in both states.
Memberships & Affiliations
- Cincinnati Estate Planning Council
- Estate Planning Council of Northern Kentucky
- Past President
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
- Cincinnati Bar Association
- Past Tressurer
- Administration and Finance Committee
- Estate Planning and Probate Committee
- Elder and Special Needs Law Commitee
- Business/Corporate Law Committee
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Estate Planning, Trust, and Probate Law Section
- Elder and Special Needs Law Committee
- Corporate Counsel Section
- Northern Kentucky Bar Association
- Past Treasurer
- Business and Tax Law Committee
- Estate Planning and Probate Law Committtee
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Probate and Trust Law Section
- Elder Law Section
- Business Law Section
- Pro Seniors
- Board of Directors
- Finance and Administration Committee