The attorneys of Kohnen & Patton have substantial experience representing and advising clients with respect to the administration of estates and trusts and the establishment and administration of guardianships.
- Probate administration of decedents’ estates in Ohio and Kentucky.
- Trust funding, administration, distribution, and termination.
- Representing and advising executors and trustees regarding compliance and legal duties.
- Assistance with the legal aspects of the management and transfer of real estate and closely-held business interests.
- Preparation and filing of federal estate tax returns.
- Preparation and filing of federal and state fiduciary income tax returns.
- Representation in estate tax audits and appeals.
- Post-mortem planning to minimize impact of estate and income taxes.
- Drafting of private settlement agreements and trust reformations to achieve tax and planning objectives.
- Representation of executors, trustees, and beneficiaries in will contests and other estate and trust disputes.
- Representation of estates and trusts in disputes and litigation with third-parties.
- Negotiation and settlement of debts and creditors’ claims, including Medicaid liens.
- Establishment and administration of legal guardianships and conservatorships for minors and disabled adults.