A partner of the firm since 1992, Mr. Campbell works primarily in estate planning and probate administration. He advises clients worldwide in matters relating to United States transfer taxes and the use of trusts, partnerships and limited liability companies to accomplish personal, financial and charitable objectives.
Mr. Campbell practiced international law in Auckland, New Zealand as a barrister and solicitor with Chapman Tripp Sheffield Young from 1989 to 1992.
He enjoys singing in his church choir, and as a singer/songwriter, performing and publishing under the name of Ledyard Campbell. He and his wife, Janet, enjoy spending time with their daughter in Cincinnati and their sons in New York and Los Angeles.
Memberships & Affiliations
- American College of Trusts and Estate Counsel (ACTEC)
- ACTEC’s International Estate Planning Committee
- The International Academy of Estate and Trust Law
- Cincinnati Bar Association
- Advanced Estate Planning Institute Committee
- Cincinnati Estate Planning Council
- Ohio State Bar Association
Honors & Awards
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America published by Woodward/White
- Recognized as one of Ohio’s Super Lawyers
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Rated
John L. Campbell has updated his guidebook "United States Estate and Gift Taxes : An Overview for the International Executive" for 2015.
Journal of the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel, Volume 35, No. 3, Winter, 2009 by John L. Campbell and Michael J. Stegman.
Probate Law Journal of Ohio, August, 2006
CCH Financial and Estate Planning, May 2004
- Certified by the Ohio State Bar Association as a Specialist in Estate Planning, Trusts and Probate Law - The Supreme Court of Kentucky requires us to advise that Kentucky does not certify specialties in legal fields.