A partner of the firm since 1992, Mr. Campbell works primarily in estate planning and probate administration. He advises clients worldwide in matters relating to United States transfer taxes and the use of trusts, partnerships and limited liability companies to accomplish personal, financial and charitable objectives.
Mr. Campbell practiced international law in Auckland, New Zealand as a barrister and solicitor with Chapman Tripp Sheffield Young from 1989 to 1992.
He enjoys singing in his church choir, and as a singer/songwriter, performing and publishing under the name of Ledyard Campbell. He and his wife, Janet, enjoy spending time in Bend, Oregon and with their daughter and two sons in Cincinnati and Los Angeles.
Memberships & Affiliations
- American College of Trusts and Estate Counsel (ACTEC)
- The International Academy of Estate and Trust Law
- Cincinnati Bar Association
- Cincinnati Estate Planning Council
- Ohio State Bar Association
Honors & Awards
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America published by Woodward/White
- Recognized as one of Ohio’s Super Lawyers
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Rated
John L. Campbell and Ann M. Seller have updated the guidebook "United States Estate and Gift Tax - An Overview for Foreigners Investing in the United States" for 2017.
Probate Law Journal of Ohio, August, 2006
CCH Financial and Estate Planning, May 2004
- Certified by the Ohio State Bar Association as a Specialist in Estate Planning, Trusts and Probate Law - The Supreme Court of Kentucky requires us to advise that Kentucky does not certify specialties in legal fields.