Mr. Levin is a Partner with the firm and practices in the areas of estate planning, estate and trust administration, elder law and special needs planning, and business and transactional law.
Mr. Levin has substantial experience working with clients to implement both basic and sophisticated estate plans. This includes the drafting of wills, revocable living trusts, financial powers of attorney, health care powers of attorney, and living wills, as well as credit shelter/bypass trusts, QTIP marital trusts, irrevocable life insurance trusts, generation-skipping/dynasty trusts, legacy/asset protection trusts, special needs trusts, lifetime gifting techniques, charitable trusts, private foundations, and business succession plans. Mr. Levin also assists clients with the re-titling of assets and updating of beneficiary designations to coordinate with the estate plan documents and avoid probate.
Mr. Levin also assists families with estate and trust administration after the death of a loved one, including probate administration, trust funding and distributions, sale and transfer of assets, resolution of debts and claims, preparation of estate and inheritance tax returns and fiduciary income tax returns, and post-mortem tax planning and trust modifications. Mr. Levin has also represented executors, trustees, and beneficiaries in will contests and other types of estate and trust disputes and litigation.
In addition, Mr. Levin advises families regarding elder law and special needs planning issues. This includes planning for diminished capacity through the use of durable powers of attorney, funded trusts, and guardianships and conservatorships, Medicaid eligibility planning (including advance gift planning and immediate-need planning), Medicaid applications and appeals to obtain coverage, and resolution of Medicaid estate recovery liens. Mr. Levin also has significant experience with the drafting and administration of special needs trusts for disabled beneficiaries who acquire assets through inheritance or settlements, including self-settled Medicaid-payback trusts and third-party wholly discretionary trusts.
Mr. Levin’s other major practice area is business and transactional law. He has over twenty years of experience assisting businesses and their owners regarding choice of entity, entity formation, tax structuring, capitalization, buy-sell agreements, and asset and entity sales, purchases, and reorganizations. Mr. Levin also advises business clients regarding legal and tax compliance, contracts and commercial matters, and, in coordination with other attorneys in his firm, employment, collection, real estate, and litigation matters.
Memberships & Affiliations
- Cincinnati Bar Association
- Member of Estate Planning and Probate, Elder Law, and Administration and Finance Committee
- Treasurer and Chair of Administration & Finance Committee (2012-2015)
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Member of Estate Planning, Trust, and Probate Law Section and Elder Law Section
- Northern Kentucky Bar Association
- Past Treasurer and Board Member
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Cincinnati Estate Planning Council
- Estate Planning Council of Northern Kentucky
- Past President
- National Association of Estate Planners and Councils (NAEPC)
- Certified by the Ohio State Bar Association as a Specialist in Estate Planning, Trusts and Probate Law - The Supreme Court of Kentucky requires us to advise that Kentucky does not certify specialties in legal fields.